The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 17 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Ian 03, 2006 4:30 pm 
Neconectat
User

Time for another new design idea:

I've realised that the direction this project is going in including my previous design ideas will probably lead to a box I can't afford to build, can't lift on my own, and would be impractical for any gigs I get. The solution: design smaller, arrayable boxes to allow for a scaleable system.

This leads to the main heresy I'm about to commit: no horn-loaded mid-bass. Although the sensitivity would be nice, the frequency range and complexity (cab size) makes it impractical for what I'd like to do.

Has anyone seen the d&b Q7? It's a very compact box with twin 10" mounted at an angle top and bottom with a 1.3"CD and horn in the middle. Now scale that up to twin 15" with 6"/8"+1" horn in the middle. What you get is a fairly compact box but pokey box. The direct radiating 15's will easily play low enough to meet dedicated subs at 80Hz. Will do some drawings and post them up. One nice advantage is being able to mount the mid/high horns on baffles with nice roundovers to minimise edge diffraction.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Ian 04, 2006 3:21 am 
Neconectat
User

Sorry, realised a flaw in that idea. The 15" drivers might be too far apart to allow a high enough cross to the 8" mid-horn. Ie the dipole effect might start to cause lobing in the vertical plane towards crossover. Back to the drawing board.....

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 17 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2

Ora este UTC + 2