The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 79 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Următorul
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Joi Noi 17, 2005 11:58 pm 
i also noticed the similarity to the outline, but inevitably there will be shared features with other's cabs. i'm not sure how close this would come to their patents, otherwise 70-350Hz flat with 102.2 dB sensitivity are very nice figures to be toting.

@zaltec, i agree that many arrayable pro boxes are 55 x 40 dispersion but i still think we should aim narrower and go louder like an f1 or turbo aspect top. i'm sure arraying those crucial high mids will be easier as dispersion really tails off in loads of boxes just before you cross over to the cd. for that matter the same thing seems to happen at the very top end too...

like i said, there are a few stand alone horn top designs out there for people to build but really nothing which compliments the devastating array of horn subwoofers out there (labs, 1850s, punishers etc.) in order to build up a truly coherent touring rig. such a top must be able to cross over as low as 80Hz in order to get the best from the bottom end.

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 12:14 am 
Neconectat
User

At a rough guess anyone involved in this is looking for a easily ground stacked mid top rather than a system design for being flown in large arrays.

zALTEC scrie:
It looks to me 55°x40° is the way to go...

I think you'll find that to array all of those boxes you have to splay the cabs. The Martins need a splay angle of 35° for example. The EAW 850 likewise. The EAW KF750 on the other hand is designed to be used stacked edge to edge and as such has a dispersion of 35° and a trap angle of 15°.

If you look at at most of the big boys designs they do wide and narrow dispersion designs. Function do 50° and 25° (res 4 and 5), turbo did 50° and 25° (flood and flash), EAW do 55° and 35° (850 and 750).

The problem with going low is getting the horn length. Funktion get round this by folding the horn. Otherwise the longer you make the horn, the more problems you run into designing a box that you can easily array as the deeper the box has to be the shallower you will end up making the trap angles...

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 9:43 am 
Neconectat
Director General 0766332366
Director General  0766332366

I'm starting to think that maybe we should scrap the ideea if horn loading the midbass, and go for basndpass instead :roll:

By the way, the copy out outline Doppia I'm working on, is using speakers rated at 102.2 dB @ 1W sensitivity so by using a pair in each enclosure, the sensitivity is going to reach 105.2, also it looks that I get a bit of gain from the bandpass, si I might hit 106 dB/1W and I should have 600W RMS power handling for the low section

Poweraudio Romania
Drumul Tarpiului, Nr.30, Bistrita, Jud. Bistrita-Nasaud
Telefon: 0766332366
E-mail: office@poweraudio.ro
www.poweraudio.ro
facebook.com/poweraudio.romania

Ultima oară modificat de Mircea Bartic pe Vin Noi 18, 2005 10:29 am, modificat 1 dată în total.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 10:26 am 
Neconectat
User

dom scrie:
The problem with going low is getting the horn length. Funktion get round this by folding the horn. Otherwise the longer you make the horn, the more problems you run into designing a box that you can easily array as the deeper the box has to be the shallower you will end up making the trap angles...

i have been looking at the noise control sollution to this. spending a morning with reay has gotten me obsessed with w binst that don't honk! i think we will have to consider folding, top box i am fiddling with the dimensions of is a 12" w bin (with wavefront diffraction technologytm) with an 8" and 1" horn flares in the middle section. unsurprisingly the drivers don't fit very well.

but yeah, how do people feel about dispersion? i want to avoid splay angles so a single ratchet strap can secure the pile. or, let's phrase this another way, people, what do you want?

i want a ground stacked mid-top box capable of crossing over at 80Hz for use with a serious folded horn sub, trapezoidal, capable of arraying by close packing and with very tight, controlled dispersion. smooth artefact free arraying is the key.

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 10:38 am 
Neconectat
User

I'd rather settle for a higher crossover point than loose the horn on the mid-bass. If you're running horn loaded subs, horn loaded mid and highs, do you really want a bandpass section sitting in the middle? Especially in the crucial 'kick' region. There should be room in the cabinet to fold the horn a bit up behind the mids and highs?

I'll try to finalise/draw out my BP/W-bin hybrid concept. Twin 12" would make for a tallish thinish box.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 10:47 am 
Neconectat

how about we all post our preliminary design ideeas and take the best out of each one :wink:

Poweraudio Romania
www.poweraudio.ro

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 11:28 am 
Neconectat
User

@james: Seems we're thinking along similar lines, what driver are you thinking for the 12" W-bin? I'm actually looking at twin 12" to get the SPL/extension. SN12B gave me lots of SPL but in the 150-400Hz region, bit too low.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 6:39 pm 
Neconectat
User

A couple of thoughts.

I like the concept of 40x40 dispersion. This is what my initial target was. The Selenium HL14-25 is a one inch that is 45x45 and is dirt cheap. I haven't worked with it so...

I also set my gear up alone. Lifting a 70kg cab up on top of my bottoms isn't going to be good for my back or balls. My initial plans of a mid-top was just that. I have a different cab designed for 90 - 300 to avoid having that type of lift. If we're going to cross below 200, the weight needs to be a strong consideration.

I have some concept ideas started, but no web space to post them to. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 6:51 pm 
Neconectat

send them to office@poweraudio.ro and i'll post them for you 8)

Poweraudio Romania
www.poweraudio.ro

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 7:07 pm 
Neconectat
User

james, ind.st scrie:
i want a ground stacked mid-top box capable of crossing over at 80Hz for use with a serious folded horn sub, trapezoidal, capable of arraying by close packing and with very tight, controlled dispersion. smooth artefact free arraying is the key.

I want a box that unloads itself from the van, runs up flights of stairs and can clamber onto a pile of subs under its own steam. I am prepared to sacrifice a maximum of 1.2db of overall output to achieve my main design goals....

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 7:08 pm 
Neconectat
User

Jimbo scrie:
The Selenium HL14-25 is a one inch that is 45x45 and is dirt cheap. I haven't worked with it so...

Unfortunately it is screw fix so it seriously limits your choice of compression driver.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 7:18 pm 
Neconectat

there are adaptors available for that :wink:

Poweraudio Romania
www.poweraudio.ro

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 8:03 pm 
Neconectat
User

LMFAO :lol:

Dom, I'm with you, but it may be beyound the scope of this project :lol:

Tooo funny!

Jim

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 9:15 pm 
Neconectat

Jimbo's Ideas :wink:

http://www.stocare.as.ro/Future.xls

or in pdf format:

http://www.stocare.as.ro/Future.pdf

Poweraudio Romania
www.poweraudio.ro

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Noi 18, 2005 10:33 pm 
Neconectat
User

nexus3 scrie:
there are adaptors available for that :wink:

Which ultimately alter the response of the horn.

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 79 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Următorul

Ora este UTC + 2